Brand Ambassador – Cosmina Campean (Episode 11)
Since Office Depot is now in its 11th year in Romania, here is our 11th – last but not least – Brand Ambassador. Cosmina believes that in a fast paced environment, people are part of the company’s change. Change is also the key word that describes Cosmina as she discovers more about herself in the new role. We are glad to have her as a change agent. More details you can find below.
1. Please tell us something personal about yourself and your role in OD.
I see myself as an optimist, lucky, creative person. Right now, I am a Quality Improvement Specialist, just like secret services J – meaning that I am listening to calls that my colleagues in the Accounts Receivable Department are placing for UK customers and I’m trying to assess how well the conversations are going from our perspective – what’s the purpose of that call – and from soft skills perspective – how is the customer feeling after that call. I’m trying to go beyond that call and see what’s the profile of that person – what can be improved in terms of skills for our colleagues or from a people management perspective. At the end of the month, everything is transposed into a report but during the month it is more about listening and coaching.
2. Now going back at the beginning of your journey in OD, can you share with us what your job title was on the first day?
I was a Credit Controller on the UK region. I do remember the first days – the interview days. I was evaluated with other colleagues of mine by UK colleagues and sat some written tests. Everything took place in one day in different rooms and many interviews were held one after the other.
3. What do you remember about your first day at OD? Describe some memories of how it was back then.
I think you remember the first days of high school when you are entering in a room and you see lot of new colleagues and you have no idea what will happen. That’s the feeling I had when I entered the Muncii’s office. It was an open space with 40 people. Desks were arranged just like in a classroom and you had to look around to find a free spot to sit.
I remember that there were funny moments when I was laughing so loud and being an open space you could hear everything. Near us there was the team leader from Accounts Payable Department who was saying: ‘’Shh, please, keep quiet! ”. Also, at Muncii’s office we had one fax machine and you could really hear it working. And some faxes came with my name on it. My IP user was Raluca Oanta and some clients were writing my name like Racula or Daluca. So, we had nicknames from clients. And then I was happy that my user changed to Cosmina (first name); however, first fax came with Gozmina.
4. What was the funniest moment which you experienced at the current role? What happened?
I think there are the ones from speaking with customers. For example:
- One of our customer’s address was 3rd floor Paternoster House which in Latin means the house of God. Actually, the house of God has 3 floors, so there’s hope! J
- Whenever requesting card details a colleague said: “Can you give it to me now?” or ‘’I’m expecting the long one (the long number from credit card)”.
- Another: a sales person from UK called us at 12pm Romanian time and he was requesting to speak with someone who was having late shifts and didn’t come yet at the office. The sales person said: “Why bother to come this time at the office after all?”
5. What was your biggest achievement up until now?
The change that has impacted me the most is the present position. It was a transition from a reporting position to a people oriented role. I loved reporting but it was the best decision that I could take. It was the advice from the current manager and the HR manager that saw more in me than I could see in myself at that time. I think that, in the last 2 years, it was a constant transformation for me.
6. Give us some tips on how to achieve success in one’s career.
Stay grounded and centered to yourself and try to make each move in your career taking into consideration your values that you discovered up until the present moment. Specifically, it means to be aware of what you like at the current position and what you don’t like so that you know what will be your next move. To be more oriented towards what you love and make a choice being aware of who you are and what skills you have.
7. What were the biggest challenges which you faced here? How did you manage to solve it?
The biggest challenge is to work in a company going through transformations. You are working in an environment where not everything is possible and operate in a business where you have to be competitive with lower resources. For example, I felt there was a shift from a people-oriented business to an objective-oriented business and for a person transforming from task to people, like in my case, these were two different directions. This was the biggest challenge and it’s still work in progress. I’m still here and I won’t give up.
8. What are the top 3 things you love about OD?
- Colleagues – I think they are survivors, meaning they learn some things the hard way but still are the funniest people ever.
- Opportunities – any type of opportunities, they are out there. It’s a matter of you going after them.
9. What’s your motto?
“Dream is not what you see in sleep. It’s what keeps you awake”. It means dare to dream with the eyes wide open. And right now I am guided by the first 2 axioms of the theory of choice: the only behavior which you can control is your own and all you can give to a person is information.
0 comentarii on Brand Ambassador – Cosmina Campean (Episode 11)
Tell us what do you think.
Nu sunt comentarii la acest articol